Wednesday, February 27, 2013

The Caves of Cormakir the Conjurer

Today is the feast of St. Prokopius the Confessor. Though he is not the Prokopius for which this blog is named (that would be St. Prokopius the Great Martyr), it seems apropos to celebrate by sharing The Caves of Cormakir the Conjurer.


As it was with The Slave Pits of Abhoth, I have spell checked and proof read this module myself, but have no real means to go further than that. Therefore, there will be mistakes; however, I am very pleased with the adventure and am also pleased by how quickly I was able to get it to this stage. Doing all the ground work in terms of design concept and layout with The Slave Pits have really paid off.

Please consider this an open thread for constructive criticism and notes about any of the aforementioned mistakes. The file can be found here.

Happy St. Prokopius Day!

9 comments:

Edward Hamilton said...

As a physicist, I'm curious as to whether the recoil effect of throwing other objects can be used to successfully cause motion in the anti-gravity room, via Newton's 3rd Law. I don't see why not, but magic is unpredictable stuff.

I like the potential moral dilemmas that arise over the willingness of the local humanoids to use their slaves a shields. The steam in the machine room has all the makings for a major fiasco.

Good work!

Mike said...

I love the format and the style. I haven't had a chance to read all the entries, more of a cursory look, but it seems well done. Love the maps, of course; a great showcase for the 3x5 idea, and how it can be successfully integrated.

ravencrowking said...

At a quick glance, it looks great!

Unknown said...

I'm glad you're keeping up with this, Dave; I really enjoyed "Slave Pits." I'm looking forward to reading this new adventure. :)

The Flying Falafel Brothers said...

I look forward to reading this and have shared it on google plus

FrDave said...

@Everyone:

Thanks.

Bryan said...

Hi, I don't know any other way of contacting you, so I'm just going to leave this here.

I think that your two modules are some of the *best* I have ever read. I am currently running Caves for some friends on G+ and the layout of the book, the size, the call-back to Caves of Chaos...all work to create a very nice experience for me as a GM. I'm not as seasoned a GM as some, and I missed out on all the classic modules because we were too poor to buy them, so our DM just made his own...getting distracted sorry.

As it stands for this game, I'm already re-stocking A after the party ran rough-shod through some of that section. Its been really fun to think about what kind of defenses could be mounted etc. What I want to say is thank you. Cormakir already means a lot to me, and I plan to use it again when I get the chance.
>Bryan

FrDave said...

Wow. Thank you for letting me know how much you've enjoyed running the Caves. That's why I wrote and shared it, so people could run it. I especially am pleased it was such a good experience for you as a GM. I hope it continues to provide good fun. Thanks again.

Bryan said...

Still a great module, and the layout is very useful! I recommend your offerings to other GM's as much as I can.