Thus, until such time that I find inspiration for doing something for the Blue Mage, I give you the Green Monk and the Green Sword:
The Green Monk and Green Sword Classes for ACKS
Prime Requisite: STR and WIS
Requirements: Must be Lawful
Hit Dice: 1d6
Maximum Level: 14
Green Monks are an eremitic monastic order who primarily live in the wilderness as hermits. They are known for their green robes, which are dyed with the same plants that they use to make green elixirs, for which they are well known. They shave their heads and take various vows of silence.
Green Swords are the military arm of the order. These soldiers are famous for their unarmed fighting techniques.
A player must choose at character creation whether or not their character is a Green Monk or a Green Sword. This choice cannot be changed.
Both classes fight and save as Fighters, can wear Leather armor or lighter and use any swords, daggers, spears, pole arms and all missile weapons. They can fight with either weapon and shield or two-handed fighting styles. Both build Sanctums using the Castle rules for a stronghold at 9th level.
Both Green Monks and Green Swords have the following Custom Powers:
- Attunement to Nature: Since they spend most of their life living alone in the wilderness, Green Monks and Green Swords have a +1 to surprise rolls when in the wilderness.
- Nose for Potions: Both Green Monks and Green Swords can make a proficiency throw of 11+ to determine the magical properties of potions or oils. At 5th level, they master the skill of brewing potions (all with their trade-mark green hue) as if a mage of their class level.
- Combat Awareness: Both Green Monks and Green Swords gain a +1 bonus to AC if wearing leather armor or less and able to move freely. This bonus increases to +2 at 7th level and +3 at 13th. This power stacks with Swashbuckling. [This is the same as the Blade Dancing custom power].
- Lay on Hands: At 2nd level, the Green Monk can restore 2 hit points per experience level once per day by laying on hands. Proficiency slots can be used to gain additional uses of this power per day.
- Longevity: At 12th level, the Green Monk learns to completely rely upon God for sustenance. They have a lifespan 3 times longer than normal and become immune to ghoul paralysis.
- Unarmed Fighting Routine: Green Swords are trained to fight unarmed. In melee combat they may attack with this routine, attacking three times for 1d3-1/1d3-1/1d6-1 damage. [This is the same as the Fangs and Claws custom power].
XP Progression looks like this [Green Swords are in brackets]:
- Level 2: 2,350 [2,300]
- Level 3: 4,700 [4,600]
- Level 4: 9,400 [9,200]
- Level 5: 18,800 [18,400]
- Level 6: 37,600 [36,800]
- Level 7: 75,200 [73,600]
- Level 8: 150,400 [147,200]
- Level 9: 270,400 [267,200]
- Level 10: 390,400 [387,200]
- Level 11: 510,400 [507,200]
- Level 12: 630,400 [627,200]
- Level 13: 750,400 [747,200]
- Level 14: 870,400 [867,200]