Saturday, April 22, 2017

Swords & Wizardry Appreciation Day (Light Edition)

Recently, my eldest has shown interest in running an RPG game. Therefore, I pulled out Erik Tenkar's Swords & Wizardry Light and handed it over because at 4 pages it is a brilliant way to allow a new Referee the ability to get a real handle on all of the rules. After this, we decided on a campaign concept and we put together the following document together. She has successfully run two sessions so far and it has been a lot of fun. Therefore we thought we would share.

White Guard Mini-Campaign

For Swords & Wizardry Light


The file can be found here. Please note, this really hasn't been edited so if you happen to find anything that needs to be fixed I would greatly appreciate if you let me know in the comments. Thanks.

The concept follows the Magic School trope of fantasy literature and allows for PCs to go to magic school and graduate once they get past 3rd level.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Nova Scotia Dream said...

How old is she? My eldest is 9½ now and I think she's ready; I've been looking for a best way to get her involved. Is She&W Light, WG your preference, or something else now that she's run it?
Cheers!

FrDave said...

She is 13 and I really like S&W Light for this application. I wish I had had this ruleset when I was 9 because it isn't overwhelming like other rulesets. You don't have to go looking for something because its right in front of you. It also is empowering because without a ton of rules, I get to answer the question "How should I do this?" with "Whatever you want."

Unknown said...

I really like the look of this :) I may try and get my youngest daughter (12) to have a go - she is Potter-mad! Thank you for posting it. 😀