Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Fiends & Falchions (SWCL)

Well, my latest alternate version of Swords & Wizardry Continual Light is finished, but this one feels different. It is SWCL. It is D&D stripped down to its essentials. Yet, it isn't.

I'll be interested to hear folk's impressions as they read this. Again, I really haven't done much to the nuts and bolts of SWCL, so I am curious if this reads any different for you.

As per usual, I have done my best to edit out typos and errors, but I am sure there are several riddled throughout that have gotten past these efforts. Please also consider this a thread for pointing out these errors. Thank you.

In the meantime, I hope everyone enjoys! You can find the link here.

3 comments:

  1. This is pretty awesome. Very well done. A better "basic" game in 25 pages than 5E's aborted attempt.

    The artwork is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow. I take that as high praise from someone who has self published. Thanks.

      A lot of the art I used was made available by Kevin Crawford of Sine Nominee Publishing. When he pays his artists, he pays at a rate so that the art he uses falls into the public domain. That way hobbyists and small press guys like us can have access to some awesome art.

      Delete
  2. I loved it. I was never a huge fan of the Fiend Folio, but your take on the Slaad and the Githyanki fits really well into my upcoming setting. Moreover, the beastmen are a great replacement/substitution for plain old orcs and goblins and kobolds. Very well done.

    ReplyDelete